cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Dynamic data masking

dansmith
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Will OnBase work with SQL Dynamic data masking? Has anyone implemented this in their solutions?

Customer needs to mask Protected health information (PHI) at the database level for users that have direct access to the database. 

Thanks,

Dan

2 REPLIES 2

Joel_Moore2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Dan,

I looked into the technical aspects of what's required to configure Dynamic Data Masking on a given table, and it's going to require the schema of the table is altered, specifically one or more columns. By default, these kinds of modifications are forbidden by the Database Use Policy, although there is a process where you can apply for exceptions.

You can apply for schema modification exceptions by working through your first line of support, but in my experience these types of schema alterations aren't going to be approved. I'd encourage you to work through the exception process and get an official answer from Hyland, but I figured I'd share my opinion.

Hope this helps,

Joel 

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

You have a bigger issue than the Hyland Database use policy.   No users should ever be allowed direct access to any database, not just the database that goes with onbase...