cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Interactive Data Capture

Sean_Killian
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello, I am interested in installing and configuring Interactive Data Capture for Batch Indexing in the Unity 13 client. This is what I've done so far:

• Installed the Hyland OCR Engline 18.5 for AC Server x64 onto a 64-bit VM.

• Installed Hyland Data Capture Server x64 onto the same VM

• Installed Hyland Data Capture Configuration onto the same VM

• Created a new Document Type with some Keywords from our Application Server

• Created a new Scan Queue added the previous Document Type to it; also on the App Server.

• Created a service account in OnBase Config, with all rights and privileges (I am not sure of which are necessary, but I wanted to rule out rights/permissions based errors)

• Edited Hyland.DataCapture.Server.exe.config on the VM to use a local ODBC source pointing to the same DB as the App Server and the username/password made in the previous step

• Edited Hyland.DataCapture.Configuration.exe.config to use the App Server path and App Server's local ODBC and username MANAGER.

• I ran the Data Capture Config, however after successfully logging in, I see "Dynamic Advanced Capture," which is selected via radio button, and a disabled, "Intelligent Capture for AP" option. I am trying to setup Interactive Data Capture, however, so I do not know if there should be another option here for that. Because there are no other available options, I proceed with “Dynamic Advanced Capture.”

• I add only my previously made Scan Queue to the Advanced Capture scan queues

• I see that the one and only Document Type is added to the Scan Queue Document Types

• I modify the Autoname String and add all keywords to the Dynamic Advanced Capture Keyword Types. I click next.

• I get a message saying “No configuration changes have been made.”

• I hit finish and Data Capture Configuration closes.

Naturally, Interactive Data Capture does not work after this, and immediately after scanning a batch into the queue, it is sent to “Awaiting Advanced Capture.”

What step did I miss/misconfigure in the process, and where can I find further documentation on specifically Interactive Data Capture? I only see it mentioned in regards to licensing or the type of OCR engine to use in the DataCaptureServer1300 MRG.

Any help would be much appreciated!

19 REPLIES 19

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Sean.  It looks like you're just missing the User Group Right for Interactive Data Capture.   That turns on the functionality.   No further configuration is required.   For further documentation,  see the MRG for Advanced Capture. 

Amanda_Luceen
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Sean,

In addition to what Ray mentioned, make sure the Hyland Data Capture Server service is started.

Thanks,

Amanda

Sean_Killian
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Ray,

You were indeed correct that I had not given myself the Interactive Data Capture right, however even after checking to ensure that both the observice (service username under which the DCS runs) and my own user group have rights to the Scan Queue, and Document Type, it is still not working.

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Sean, did you remove Advanced Capture from the scenario... so that the batches go directly to Awaiting Index?  This is where Interactive Data Capture is performed.