cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set individual elements to a particular color in an external keyword dataset?

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I have a client that has an external keyword dataset that has over 200 items\elements that make up the drop down list.  The client would like to be able to choose maybe 10 items that are no longer current and have them display as grey.  That way the items can still be picked for search purposes, but anyone doing input would know not to use these items\elements for any new uploads.  I know how to set color for html, using a css or even within C#.  However, I'm not sure how to pull this off in OnBase.  Perhaps it isn't even possible.  If it is possible perhaps via a Unity form?  Note: I don't necessarily need a specific how to step by step answer, just - is it even possible and perhaps a gentle push in the right direction.  Please let me know?

Regards,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Really - can't even get someone from Hyland to take ownership and say this can't be done.  Then I'll put the following out.  I found a workaround.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Really - can't even get someone from Hyland to take ownership and say this can't be done.  Then I'll put the following out.  I found a workaround.

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Tom,

Thank you for using Community. 

I'm not aware of a way to do this in the standard keyword panel. You should be able to accomplish the color coding using standard E-Forms by manipulating the HTML and/or using CSS. You could also use the Unity Form Custom Action option to Highlight Element in Unity Forms. 

If you have further questions that have an urgency to the response, I encourage you to reach out through your Support channel for more immediate assistance.

Hope that helps.

Ansley