cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separators between the multi-instance keyword

James_Yang1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We are sending a notification as an external email from a workflow and there is a multi-instance keyword being inserted into the notification. I would like to separate each instance of the keyword with a new line character so the keyword values would appear like a list and be easier to read. However, I couldn't find the symbol for a "New Line" when I configured the notification. Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Nick_Mushat
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Greetings,

I have found a solution for this issue, at least in OnBase 14 and 15 using Studio (haven't tested older versions or regular config)

In the Notification Configuration on the Settings tab there is an entry for Separator and Last Separator.  Delete whatever information is in there and replace it with \n (new line character)

A space gets entered after the first keyword and prior to the rest of the keywords.  This causes the second and subsequent keywords to be indented one space.  I recommend adding a space prior to the first keyword to account for this and things should line up

To answer the other question regardling having multiple keywords on one page, use the following format - changing the last number to the amount of instances you would like displayed: %K00060.3

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Matt_Bernstein
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Was wondering if you ever found a solution for this?  I'm looking to do the same thing?  

Even more basic, how do you get all of the multi instance keywords to show up in the notification?  I can only get the first?

Thanks!

Nick_Mushat
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Greetings,

I have found a solution for this issue, at least in OnBase 14 and 15 using Studio (haven't tested older versions or regular config)

In the Notification Configuration on the Settings tab there is an entry for Separator and Last Separator.  Delete whatever information is in there and replace it with \n (new line character)

A space gets entered after the first keyword and prior to the rest of the keywords.  This causes the second and subsequent keywords to be indented one space.  I recommend adding a space prior to the first keyword to account for this and things should line up

To answer the other question regardling having multiple keywords on one page, use the following format - changing the last number to the amount of instances you would like displayed: %K00060.3