cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Keyword Updater Field Configuration

Sheila_Shaver
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am using OnBase 14 trying to configure Keyword Updater - Global.  I have a 'Project Number' (alphanumeric) Keyword.  My .csv file contains a list of values that need to be replaced.  Example:  a value of 301142 needs to be replaced with OB301142.

I have the process working fine until it hits a document with more than one instance of that keyword.  Such as a Contract document, may have 3 or 4 Project Numbers attached to it.

My Field Configuration is: 1) Search Keyword for 'Project Number' and 2) Replace Keyword for 'Project Number'.

My .csv file is configured with the 2 fields "301142","OB301142".

In testing against a document with 3 'Project Number' keywords, I modified my configuration to contain 3 Search actions and 3 Replace actions - and my .csv file to contain the 6 fields.  No matter how I configure it, if the document has more than 1 instance of the keyword, my Verification Report comes back with Errors.

Error:  ERROR:  Something wrong with the process.

Error:  Check your separators, delimiers, and field configurations!

Error:  Error Parsing the file.

Error:  Please check both the file and the current configuration.

Couldn't be any more generic, could it?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

-Sheila

2 REPLIES 2

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Sheila,

Thank you for posting to Community.

I see that you worked with your First Line of Support to resolve your issue but I wanted to put the answer on Community for others that might need it.

The reason that you were running into the errors was because you were using the 'Replace' action. By using the 'Delete' and 'Add' actions, the error will not occur.

Example: 1. Search Keyword for 'Project Numer'. 2. Delete Keyword for 'Project Number'. 3. Add Keyword for 'Project Number'.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney

Hyland Software Tech Support Team Leader

chris_krause1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Sheila,

I ran into the same issue and here is what I did to resolve the issue in OnBase version 15.  (This solution should apply to version 14 as well)  In your example, if the maximum number of project numbers on a document is 4 then you will need to setup your configuration file to look like this:

csv file is configured with the 6 fields 301142, , , , ,OB301142 (note: there is a space between the commas)

There are 4 placeholders (nothing will be deleted from the empty values but it tells keyword update that it could be up to 4 values on a document) In field configuration, the first four fields should be search keywords, the 5 place holder is for the delete action(matching only) to remove the search keyword from the document and the last value is the new value that will have the add action in the field configuration window.

Once you updated your csv file and the field configuration to use the additional search keywords and the delete/add functionality instead of the replace, your keyword update process will run smoothly.

Good luck!