cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autofill Keyword Set using Unity Script

Marcus_Christi6
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I see this was added in OnBase 13 and am curious if this enables the long sought after web service-based autofill external query to populate the data fields, or if it is similar to the VBScript method where you're essentially building the data set directly in the script.  Any information available about this yet?

7 REPLIES 7

Rich_Roth
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I'm interested in information also. OnBase 13 Config has an option to use a Unity Script for Autofill Keywords. Does this work the same way as the VB Script does? Pass in keyset # and primary keyword and return the secondary keywords via the arguments?

Thanks,

Rich

Timothy_Cosgrif
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Yes, OnBase 13 introduced Unity Automation-based External AutoFill Keyword Sets and External Keyword Datasets.

This allows the developer to leverage .NET instead of VBScript when expanding AutoFill Keyword Sets. You'll notice the addition of IExternalAutofillKeysetScript interface in the Unity API Project Configuration tool as well as the addition of "Unity Script" as an option for External AutoFill Keyword Set configuration.

While this is not web service-based, it can be used to execute web services to query and populate the data. This is much easier to do with .NET instead of VBScript.

Is there any documentation on how to do this?
I want to use a web service via a Unity Script for an AFKS.
Some example code would be great too.

Alex_French
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Is usage of an IExternalAutofillKeysetScript documented in the SDK or in any MRG?

It does not seem to be discussed, for example, in the SDK under Unity API->Programmer Guide->Unity Scripting->Creating Unity Scripts-> Unity Script Interfaces.