cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Questions

Dennis_Acosta
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a county with a regional manager, two supervisors and multiple caseworkers. The county scan employee documents. The caseworkers shouldn't have access to any of the documents. The regional manager will have access to all documents. The supervisors can see all but the documents from the other supervisor and the regional manager. The regional manager and supervisors are part of the Supervisors user group so I configured it with security keywords where the supervisors can see documents if the Network User Name keyword doesn't contain the value for the regional manager and the other supervisor. They recently added a new user and they found that they couldn't see some documents. We found that the keyword was blank. The security keyword is configured and the database setting was set to Perform security keyword checking during database query as indicated below.

Not Equal - limits the viewing to all documents except for those with the specified value. Documents with null values for a Not Equal Security Keyword Type are returned for viewing unless the Perform security keyword checking during database query Database Settings option is selected.

My question is, if I uncheck this option, wouldn't it ignore the security keywords and allow the supervisors to view the other supervisors or the regional managers documents, or will they just be returned in the query results window?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

#COMMENT

What happens when you test the option in a Test or Dev environment?

As far as I have seen, "Perform security keyword checking during database query" determines whether the a search in the OnBase Client will return all documents, including those that are restricted, to the hitlist. If that option is not checked, the documents will show in the hitlist with the tag "RESTRICTED  Doc Type Name". If the option is checked, then only those documents that meet the security keyword condition will be shown in the hitlist.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

#COMMENT

What happens when you test the option in a Test or Dev environment?

As far as I have seen, "Perform security keyword checking during database query" determines whether the a search in the OnBase Client will return all documents, including those that are restricted, to the hitlist. If that option is not checked, the documents will show in the hitlist with the tag "RESTRICTED  Doc Type Name". If the option is checked, then only those documents that meet the security keyword condition will be shown in the hitlist.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.