cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve Client hostname

Brian_Herron
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello, I have not been able to find a way to determine the hostname for a computer connected through the thin client (OnBase 15). Is it possible to retrieve the client's hostname through the API?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Aki_Daiguji
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Brian,

If you are looking for information outside of the OnBase system, OnBase APIs will not be able to accomplish that.

That being said, depending on the programming language you are using, you may be able to get the information you are looking for, so I recommend looking in the programming language you are using to see if it offers such functionality.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Aki_Daiguji
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Brian,

If you are looking for information outside of the OnBase system, OnBase APIs will not be able to accomplish that.

That being said, depending on the programming language you are using, you may be able to get the information you are looking for, so I recommend looking in the programming language you are using to see if it offers such functionality.

Thank you for the reply, I'll take that route.

I thought about this more, I realized I asked the wrong question. The data I am looking for is in OnBase. OnBase is able to determine the workstation name as a "Registered Workstation" related to licensing.
Does the API have any way to get workstation name this way?

If you are looking for a list of registered workstations that you can view under the Admin menu in the OnBase Thick Client, unfortunately that information is not available to any of the OnBase APIs.