cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESTful API call has incorrect Doc data and keywords

Trevor_Keyes
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Running into an unusual situation with Foundation 3 RESTful API.  Making a call to GET keywords from a Doc ID returns keywords which are no longer on the document type.   The correct docId is found and it works as expected for the one of the keywords on the doc, but the response is incorrect.  The keywords are fine in both Unity and the Web App, it's just flat wrong on the API.   Almost like the API is pulling keywords from an old version on the doc, but the doc type isn't versioned.  

Have tried IIS reset, permissions are not an issue.  

Anyone run into anything like this?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Trevor Keyes ,

The ApiServer connects to a database.  If there are configuration changes made to the system (in Config for example), they would be updated in the database.  For those settings to be respected in the ApiServer, you would need to recycle the Application Pool for the ApiServer to reload the cache..

If you do not see the changes, I would check to make sure ...

- The ApiServer is connecting to the database where you made the change (i.e. 1_server.json)

- You can connect to the same database and you see the respective changes in OnBase Config

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Trevor Keyes ,

The ApiServer connects to a database.  If there are configuration changes made to the system (in Config for example), they would be updated in the database.  For those settings to be respected in the ApiServer, you would need to recycle the Application Pool for the ApiServer to reload the cache..

If you do not see the changes, I would check to make sure ...

- The ApiServer is connecting to the database where you made the change (i.e. 1_server.json)

- You can connect to the same database and you see the respective changes in OnBase Config

Best wishes.

Trevor_Keyes
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thanks.  This was the solution.  

Trevor

Thanks @Trevor Keyes .

Which part was the solution?