Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove items from select list on Unity Form, within Unity Script

John_Sommervill
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello,

I have a select list that I wish to dynamically change depending on another field.  Is there an example of how to change the backing data set of this select list, or is there a way to run the "Filter <values> from select list" custom action programatically for multiple situations within a Unity Script?  I have been exploring the FormModifier methods, and I don't believe the options are available there.  

Thank you,

John

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi John --

The best way to accomplish this would likely be with an External Data Set. More information on configuring External Data Sets can be found in the SDK Programmer's Guide, under "Working with Keyword Data Sets."

Best,
Adam Kuhn, API Analyst
OCAPI | OCWE | OCWA | OCASA | OCI
Hyland Software – creator of OnBase

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi John --

The best way to accomplish this would likely be with an External Data Set. More information on configuring External Data Sets can be found in the SDK Programmer's Guide, under "Working with Keyword Data Sets."

Best,
Adam Kuhn, API Analyst
OCAPI | OCWE | OCWA | OCASA | OCI
Hyland Software – creator of OnBase

Hi Adam. I think an external data set can get me halfway there, but I think the real need is for some type of external cascading data set.

The unity form this is running on has Departments and Academic Programs. Each department has different Academic Programs. I have a database with these relationships, but would like to use an external data set to pull these relationships over.

Have the SCRs (SCR: #159650 for Unity Forms and SCR: #88793 for the Thick Client) to support external cascading data sets been implemented in OnBase 16?

I can't lookup the SCRs to know for sure. But based on my recent experience, I'm pretty certain they haven't been implemented in 16. At least not in 16.0.1.51. Much to my chagrin, I had to import that data into a non-external cascading dataset. I'll admit though, I didn't really look very hard at scripting it. I was in a bit of a time crunch.

Hi John, Hi Marc --

You're correct that neither have been implemented as of 18. 159650 is still under Review; I'd be happy to add both of you to the SCR to track changes. The other you mentioned, and several like it, have all been denied until more development resources become available to address them.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.