cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"An error occurred within the Unity API: Authentication Failed for user '' on Datasource 'OnBase'."

Manikanadanbe
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Dear All,

I am trying to integrate LDAP using Unity API via WCF Service,But i am getting error message "An error occurred within the Unity API: Authentication Failed for user '' on Datasource 'OnBase'."  I am mentioned below what ever codes using ,

DomainAuthenticationProperties props = Hyland.Unity.Application.CreateDomainAuthenticationProperties(APPSERVERURL, DATASOURCE);
props.LicenseType = LicenseType.Default;

Hyland.Unity.Application app1 = Hyland.Unity.Application.Connect(props);

(OR)

Hyland.Unity.Application app1 = Hyland.Unity.Application. ConnectUsingDomainAuthentication(APPSERVERURL,DATASOURCE);

Please suggest any solution ,any help much appreciated..

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Manikandakumar,

Without further investigation into the design of your solution, my guess is that you are running into the "double hop" scenario.  This is where a user uses autologon to authenticate into a Web based application and the Web based application then attempts to login to another Web based app. 

For this scenario, the user logs into the custom HTML application using their domain credentials and the upload of a document sends a request to OnBase.  Since the request is sent under the account running the Application Pool (or the impersonation account) of the custom HTML application, the request is not made under the account of the user. 

You can read more about this scenario here: 

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askds/2008/06/13/understanding-kerberos-double-hop/

To get around this issue you would need to integrate your web app with one of our Single Sign On integrations.  You can find more information about these integrations under the product forum here (link).

As well, if you have additional questions you can reach out to APISupport@Hyland.Com.

Take care.

View answer in original post

12 REPLIES 12

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee
Hi Manikandakumar,

That error is usually a sign of your virtual directory configuration where OnBase is expecting credentials and none are passed. This typically means the virtual directory which you are referencing for your Application Server is configured for Windows Authentication enabled. You can also check your OnBase Network Security configuration to see if you are configured for autologon or interactive authentication (Config | Utils | Network Security).

In your example you do not show the properties (ie props) for the Username and Password properties (ie props.username, props.password). You would need to pass user credentials in order for authentication to take place.

Take care.

Manikanadanbe
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Dear Adam,
Thanks for reply,
I checked that my application server windows authentication is disabled even thick client and web client auto login was working fine only problem is through Unity API .Should i pass the username and password to single signon for LDAP means it is not make sense right.please help me to solve this issue.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee
If the request is to configure your Unity API based application to autologon to OnBase, then you would need to have an service virtual directory (ie Application Server) configured for Windows Authentication enabled. You would not need to pass credentials to the application at that point since the credentials will be captured from the logged in user.

Can you verify that you are in fact configured for LDAP authentication (Config | Utils | Network Security)?

Thanks.

Manikanadanbe
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Dear Adam,
As you suggested ,I have set up a application server as a windows Authentication.But now problem is custom page is HTML while submit the page i am calling WCF Service ,the service published on server.So now when ever user trying to upload the document(s) from their system the service taking the server username default not which user was uploading.So now is there any way to pass a username as a parameter for get the session for that particular user in OnBase using Unity API without password otherwise based on the username can we check the permission for the particular document type whether he/she can upload and delete the document.

Please drive me a good way to solve this issue....