cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on requirements for using WV filters for AFKS

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

So I am aware that you can use a WorkView application filter as an AFKS. And this would actually work out really well for me. However, I do have a couple questions.

1. What permissions aside from access to the document type and the ability to index/re-index a document, but what permissions do they need to be able to expand the AFKS?
  2. As well (and this is the biggest question I have) is let's say a user gets permissions to expand the AFKS with it being setup as a External AFKS WV Filter, does that user who will be expanding the this WV Filter AFKS also need a license for WorkView to be able to expand it?
  3. Finally, I know that Reverse AFKS are technically not available to be used on External AFKS. However, the problem I find with this is that it stops me from being able to do a reverse lookup by things like first name, last name, date of birth, etc. when the primary AFKS keyword isn't known. Can a reverse AFKS be setup to work on an External AFKS that is setup from a WorkView filter?

Thanks for all of the help. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Bobby_Thompson
Employee
Employee

Hey Ryan!

Here you go:

1. The user must have access to the configured Filter. This can be done by having the Filter be assigned to a Filter Bar Item, embedded on a view, or best: a Module Association. 
  2. No, a license will not be consumed
  3. No, unfortunately this is not possible

Thanks,

Bobby

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Bump!

Bobby_Thompson
Employee
Employee

Hey Ryan!

Here you go:

1. The user must have access to the configured Filter. This can be done by having the Filter be assigned to a Filter Bar Item, embedded on a view, or best: a Module Association. 
  2. No, a license will not be consumed
  3. No, unfortunately this is not possible

Thanks,

Bobby

Thank you very much good sir. I am very happy to hear that no licenses will be consumed as this partially had me worried. lol

However, I will say that the whole reverse AFKS not being able to be done is a huge turn off for this solution. I really hope that Hyland figures out how to add this functionality soon because this is a huge limitation for me and I know for a lot of other customers.

Thanks.