cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on EP5 Users Administration variable

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

So I noticed on the new EP5 Users Administration methods, you can create a new user. However, I noticed there is a value that I am not understanding what exactly it does. The value is "externallyAuthenticated" with a boolean value. It says it "Indicates the user is authenticated via an external service.", but what exactly does that mean? Does that set the account to be of the authentication method of "Integrated Security Logon Only"? If so, I see a bit problem with this and will be submitting an Idea to get additional values able to be added to this variable and switching it from pure boolean to an object so that we can make sure we are properly creating these accounts through the API in the right way and not going to run into potential conflicts and other problems.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tyler_Conn
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Ryan!

Great question. externallyAuthenticated is a read-only property that does indeed flag whether a user and its password is managed outside of OnBase or not. We have another similar flag that denotes if a user is a service account or regular user. We do not currently allow either of these properties to be set when creating a user through the API, but feel free to create an Idea as mentioned and we can take a look for future release.

Hopefully this provides some clarity!

Tyler Conn
Product Owner
Configuration Services and Change Control

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tyler_Conn
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Ryan!

Great question. externallyAuthenticated is a read-only property that does indeed flag whether a user and its password is managed outside of OnBase or not. We have another similar flag that denotes if a user is a service account or regular user. We do not currently allow either of these properties to be set when creating a user through the API, but feel free to create an Idea as mentioned and we can take a look for future release.

Hopefully this provides some clarity!

Tyler Conn
Product Owner
Configuration Services and Change Control

Thank you @Tyler Conn . This clarification does help. I will be submitting the Idea as well to hopefully get some additional properties added in the EP6 REST API (I wouldn't mind a backport either, lol).