cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure signature on Unity Form

Lori_Hall
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We are in OnBase 18, and we have the license for Signature Pad Interface (TWAIN.) 

We have created a Unity Form for Annual Performance Reviews in which we included the Signature field box that is in the Toolbox. 

My question is two part:

1. In Designer, it tells me that I need to Configure Signed Fields. Then it gives all kinds of fields, but I don't understand what field I should be configuring it too. None of them are named the same as the field being signed. 
  2. When I plug in a signature pad, I get the Signature Administration, which will allow me to save Users signatures, but there is no way that we can apply them to the Unity Form.

Is there a way that this can be accomplished without using a mouse or touchpad? Can we use the signature pad with the signature field in a Unity Form?

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

You can configure a Unity Form signature field to use a Topaz signature pad by doing the following @L Hall :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This control allows you to place a signature field on a form. In the Client, signatures can be signed on a form using a mouse or, on a touchpad interface, using a stylus. In addition, a properly installed Topaz signature pad can be used with this signature control. In order to use this with forms, you must install the SigWeb driver provided by Topaz, available from https://www.topazsystems.com/sigweb.html.

You must configure the fields associated with a signature
field. See Configuring a Signature Field on page 96 for more
information.

Note: Signature controls cannot be placed in a repeating
section or table control.

Note: The Signature control is not supported in Workflow
forms.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is from the OnBase 18 Unity Forms MRG under the "Creating Form Controls --> Controls" section (mine is on page 50, but my MRG might be slightly out of date for all I know).

I can say that I have done this and you do NOT need the "Signature Pad Interface (TWAIN)" license/module in order to use a topaz signature pad with the signature field on a Unity Form.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more. 🙂

Lori_Hall
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

This is a GREAT help! I will reach out to our support to see if we can download the certificate.

Thank you for getting me in the right direction! We had the signature field but I couldn't figure out how to add the Topaz piece.

On a side note... I found that OnBase allows us to store a signature for users. Is there any way that we can have that applied to a form, rather than having to re-sign? This way the user could use their signature wherever they needed to sign something. 

Thanks in advance!

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

This is a GREAT help! I will reach out to our support to see if we can download the certificate. Thank you for getting me in the right direction! We had the signature field but I couldn't figure out how to add the Topaz piece. On a side note... I found that OnBase allows us to store a signature for users. Is there any way that we can have that applied to a form, rather than having to re-sign? This way the user could use their signature wherever they needed to sign something. Thanks in advance!

Can you elaborate more detail on how OnBase allows you to store signatures for a person? This is something I personally could potentially use heavily right now if possible.

If more beneficial, you can reach out to me through my email which is on my profile. 🙂

Thanks.

Ashley_Ploen
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Did the part in the initial question get answered or solved because this part is tripping me up as well:

1. In Designer, it tells me that I need to Configure Signed Fields. Then it gives all kinds of fields, but I don't understand what field I should be configuring it too. None of them are named the same as the field being signed. 

And I see Ryan I have the same instructions you pointed to but it says Configure the signature field but to what field, the actual signature field is not an option in there? What am I missing or does that change when you have the driver installed?