cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query to track batches in Awaiting Index queue

Jay_Gienty
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have an automatic sweep and barcode recognition process that usually works well.  Sometimes the barcodes are not all readable and the batch ends up in the Awaiting Index queue.  Our end user has asked if we can report on the history of batches that ended up in Awaiting Index. I've tried to determine which tables I would need to access to do this and haven't been very successful.  The only one I know I would need to use is hsi.scanninglog.

What kind of query could supply the historical info for the awaiting index queue that I'm looking for?

Thanks, Jay

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Boron
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Jay

If you can get your hands on a copy of our Database Reporting Guide (located here on TeamOnBase, although I suspect it may be on Community somewhere as well) it should help you in developing this report outside of what I can provide.

In general, you can look at the archivedqueue table for batches with a status of 0 for those batches currently in Awaiting Index. If you wanted to report on past batches which ended up in Awaiting Index, you might be able to reference the scanninglog table for rows with an eventnum of 1 and an actionnum of 1 or 3, which corresponds to 'To Awaiting Index' or 'To Second Awaiting Index'.

Also, if you you happen to be licensed for the Report Services product there are many stock reports which detail scanning and indexing processes. Those might be worthwhile to check out as well if you have them available!

-Mark

Hi Jay and Mark,

To follow up on Mark's response, the Database Reporting Guide is now located on Community along with the other Database Reference Guides. They can all be found under the 'Files' option in the right side navigation within the Databases group.

Ansley

Jay_Gienty
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Mark and Ansley,

Thanks for the responses.  I've downloaded the Database Reporting Guide. Mark's response should get me the data I'm looking for.

Jay