cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA Review Queue option

Nat_Mara
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator
We recently merged two separate OnBase environments and have discovered an unforeseen issue. The environment has Disconnected Scanning set up, and so the existing users were sending files nightly to the application server, and since the files were not committing automatically, we created a windows service with the -SCANAUTOCOMMIT switch and the process works nicely, maybe too nicely. Now we have merged and we have other users who use regular PDI scanning and some are set not to auto commit so that another set of eyes can verify indexed documents, however those same users are scanning into IDOL collections, so the scanned images are being auto OCRd, and that is being done at the application server. Since that is being done on the server, the batches are bypassing awaiting commit and now the user cannot perform extra QA step. I tried setting the scan queue up with QA options assuming that would happen prior to OCR, and commit but it did not work. Any thoughts?thanks in advance,Nat
4 REPLIES 4

Amanda_Luceen
Employee
Employee
Hi Nat, The QA Review process does come before the OCR process and both come before the Commit process. Is the scenario you mentioned happening all on one scan queue? Was a new scan queue created? Thanks, Amanda

Nat_Mara
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator
Thanks Amanda. It was just set up on a specific scan queue, and I never even thought to try it on a different one, DOH. Regardless, it worked on the 2nd scan queue I tried so in comparing, the only things I noticed that were different between the two queues was the following:- Under QA Review Process the "Trust Level" was blank in the one not working. -On the Batch Processing tab, the one it worked on had "Only Imaging Admin Modify Scan Formats" but the one that did not work did not have that selected.I did not modify the setting in the 2nd bullet, but setting Trust Level to 0 seemed to work.thanks so much,Nat

Hi Nat, The blank trust level would cause the behavior you saw. If that field is blank it is translated as a Trust Level of 100 which means batches won't route to QA Review. Thanks for following up with what you found!Thanks, Amanda

Hello Hyland- I'm having a related issue at my site. I have some users who are set up with 100% trust for a scan queue, but some of their batches are still going to QA. Why would this be happening? Thank you!