cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any code for implementing watermark on a pdf document.

Naveen_Bhat2
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have a project to mark the pdf document with a watermark image, which is an PNG file. Hence could anyone give me any code or can some one give me an idea.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Aki_Daiguji
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Naveen,

There is no way to apply a true watermark to a document in OnBase, even when using an OnBase API. The closest thing you can do is to setup an image overlay to your document (which needs to be configured via OnBase Config and not via code), and apply the watermark image over the document that way.

Also, you mentioned that you wish to apply a watermark to a PDF. Overlay functionality in OnBase cannot be done against PDF documents, so if you wish to use the overlay functionality for this, you will need to convert your PDF document to an image file, and then apply the overlay to the image version of the PDF.

Ultimately, I would recommend that you use a third party software or tool to apply watermarks to your PDF files, as they are relatively difficult to do in OnBase.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Aki_Daiguji
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Naveen,

There is no way to apply a true watermark to a document in OnBase, even when using an OnBase API. The closest thing you can do is to setup an image overlay to your document (which needs to be configured via OnBase Config and not via code), and apply the watermark image over the document that way.

Also, you mentioned that you wish to apply a watermark to a PDF. Overlay functionality in OnBase cannot be done against PDF documents, so if you wish to use the overlay functionality for this, you will need to convert your PDF document to an image file, and then apply the overlay to the image version of the PDF.

Ultimately, I would recommend that you use a third party software or tool to apply watermarks to your PDF files, as they are relatively difficult to do in OnBase.

Thanks for the update.

Marcus_Christi2
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I haven't tried it myself, but Adobe has a Javascript API for this purpose.

Is there no way to just build a separate library and call it from Unity API?

Gabriel_Freitas
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

already created a watermark using an itextsharp library, but it was necessary to leave the document revisible in the config