cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing .tiff image into OnBase - image quality lost

Sarah_Cory
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have converted a multiple page .pdf, with a watermark on each page, into multiple .tiff images.  These images look just as crisp and clear as the .pdf does.  My issue is that once I sweep the directory and bring them into OnBase, the quality of the image is unacceptable.  It is as though it is trying to de-speckle the watermark.  I have looked in the configuration settings but cannot find any settings that help.

3 REPLIES 3

Josh_Krug
SME
SME

Sarah, when the image is open in the image viewer, can you right-click, navigate to Display in the right-click context menu, and try choosing the different settings (Normal, Preserve Black, Scale to Gray) to see if it improves the image quality for you?  This setting affects how the image data is aliased in the viewer and may be able to improve the visual quality of what you are viewing.

Bryn_Griffiths
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Is there somewhere else this option is housed? Right-clicking brings up Keywords, Notes, Redaction, History etc but nothing about image quality settings. Thanks

Victor_Zellwege
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We are dealing with this issue when viewing .tiff and image-rendered pdf's in the Web Client. The Unity Client viewer seems to work fine.

The context menu option Josh mentioned is no longer available. How can we change document coloring settings for the Web Client viewer in OnBase 18?