cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing Capacity Directory Import Processor

Ediaz
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

I am very clear that processing capacity depend heavily on many variables, however someone knows a data or metric to guide me and have an approximate amount of what a dedicated Directory Import Processor server can process?

In advance I appreciate the support.

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator
I could be wrong, but you might need to check with your first line of support on this. The reason I say this is because my coworker was running hundreds of gigabytes of documents through our OCR engine and we figured with a more powerful server we could import more fast. Well, come to find out OnBase has put a hard limit on the OCR engine to be able to only use X ayou t of CPU cores, X amount of RAM, etc. etc.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Edwin.

As you mentioned, anything which can be stated is purely anecdotal as all environments are different with many variables and therefore without knowing the constraints of the system and configuration, it is a very hard question to answer.  I tried to answer it in this post (link), but again it will only scratch the surface. These types of questions are typically best handled with a conversation instead of a specific answer.

Ryan brings up a good point towards OCRing as you ingest documents into OnBase.  Other considerations are Workflow processing or bar code processing. 

Best wishes.