cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Policy Options

Not applicable

Hello,

I have a couple of questions to see if OnBase will meet the following password requirements and if so what setting(s) would need to be utilized.

1. Can OnBase notify a user that the password will expire after X number of days after initially changing a password and provide a reminder at login a few days prior to expiring?  X would indicate the setting from the Expires Every <n> Days under the Change Frequency section in the Password Policy.
  2. Can OnBase compare the previous password and the password the user is trying to change to and validate that new password does not contain a sequence of three or more characters from the previous password.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Hi Ben,

Currently, a reminder cannot be configured to notify users that their password is going to expire and we cannot configure a dialog to display the interval that is set for when they will next need to change their password.

OnBase is not currently able to compare the new password to the old when looking for a specified length of matching characters. The closest options to this are the ability to prevent password reuse, or to prevent reuse within a certain number of changes.

If you would like, I can make a request for these features to be added to the software. I will be contacting you outside of this post to see if this is something you would be interested in. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this thread or to reach out to your first line of support.

Thank you,

Doug Stoots

Tech Support Associate Analyst

Hyland, creator of OnBase®

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Ben, Onbase may not be able to do this directly, but it can be done if you use AD security and just enable AD inside OnBase.  Or - at least option 1 can be done via AD.  I don't know AD well enough to answer question #2.