cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Database Question

Billy_Carroll
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
DBA asked this question "Can you find out if we have to use the Enterprise version of the Oracle database for Onbase or if it is possible to use the standard version of the Oracle database?" I have found the supported database versions but nothing on what version (enterprise or standard). Can anyone point me to any documentation on this? Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Billy,

Try running the following query:

SELECT * FROM PRODUCT_COMPONENT_VERSION;

Take care.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

My apologies as I didn't read the question thoroughly.  The query will tell you the version of Oracle you are currently running, but that doesn't answer your question of support for Standard vs. Enterprise.  To my knowledge there is no difference from an OnBase perspective of which edition of Oracle you are using.  The following link shows a matrix of the features available between the different editions of Oracle (link).  Some concerns about the differences between Standard vs. Enterprise come into play when you are considering the number of sockets (processors) available to the Oracle, High Availability options and clustering with RAC to name a few.  I believe that this is a bigger question which will require a bit of discovery on your part on how the system is going to be used and requirements of the database server.

Take care.

Billy_Carroll
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Adam, Thanks so much for your reply. I will pass it on to our DBA.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

My pleasure.  Take care.