cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parsedqueue.numberdocuments = the num of docs in the parsed batch?

Tony_Sauer
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I've got a requirement to report out the qty of docs in a batch processed by the EDI Processor module. Looking at the Database Reporting Guide, I believe that the table, PARSEDQUEUE is the one I'm after, and a couple test queries almost confirm that.

EXCEPT! none of the EDI batches have a parsedqueue.numberdocuments greater than 0.

Am I misunderstanding the purpose of that column?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Roger_Walker
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Anthony,

The database column, parsedqueue.numberdocuments, is not a column that is currently in use by any OnBase import processors.

John's solution is correct, but will include the verification report. For a processor like DIP, the index file would also be included in this count.

Thanks for using Community,

Roger

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I only have 0 in that column too. I'd proably join to the hsi.itemdata table by batchnum, and do a count of the records in hsi.itemdata (grouped by batchnum).

Roger_Walker
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Anthony,

The database column, parsedqueue.numberdocuments, is not a column that is currently in use by any OnBase import processors.

John's solution is correct, but will include the verification report. For a processor like DIP, the index file would also be included in this count.

Thanks for using Community,

Roger

Daniel_Wattier
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
I've got a similar requirement except I need one more piece of information and I'm hoping someone has an answer for it.

In addition to the batch # and the # of docs imported as part of an EDI batch I need to capture the name of the file that was imported.

For example, I have 835 EDI processes setup to import 1 batch per file for MediCal, MediCare, Blue Cross, etc. These 835 files come from our Epic system. There can be multiple files for each entity per day. For each file sent from Epic I get an email containing: Entity Name, File name, Doc Count.

Currently we manually copy this information into a spread sheet. Then We copy the file name and document count from the System Verification report into the same spread sheet. When they match we're good. When they don't we need to go back the Epic programmers with the file name and have them investigate the discrepancy.

An help will be appreciated.

- Daniel

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
Hi Daniel,

Unless your import process is configured to look for a specific file name to import (i.e. c:\myfile.edi), the information on the actual file name that was processed is not stored in the database. Typically, an import process will be configured to process all files (*.*) or all files of a certain file format (*.xxx) in a certain location and that's what is stored in the database. The specific filename that was processed would only be located in the SYS Verification Report within the batch.

Ansley