cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 19c - What Release of OnBase is "Testing In Progress"???

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello,

I looked at the RDBMS support matrix and it says that Oracle 19c is "Testing In Progress".  For which version(s) of OnBase are being included with testing?  Also, will multitenant (Container) database be supported with OnBase running Oracle 19c? What release of Oracle 19c - 19.5 or 19.6?

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Mike 

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Mike_Askren
Employee
Employee

@Michael Snyder 

First and foremost, I sincerely apologize for the lapse in response from the Hyland team member you had reached through our Community Support channel.  Our Community team is certainly here to serve our customers and will look into what led to this unpleasant experience for you.

The OnBase Foundation EP3 release will provide support for Oracle 19c, including version 19.0 and all higher patch versions of 19c.   I would also note that the new version of Hyland IdP 2.0 releasing to support Oracle databases will also support Oracle 19c.  Prior releases of OnBase or Hyland IdP will not provide support for Oracle 19c.

In regards to support for Oracle's Multitenant option, this capability is supported in OnBase 14 and higher with Oracle 12c and higher.

Best Regards,

Mike 

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael_Snyder
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Greetings,

It is interesting to say that I received an email directly from a Hyland "Community Search Feedback" inquiring about the POST asking me to respond to the email with the following as stated by the Hyland employee (name redacted for privacy) on March 11, 2020 and I quote...

Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 8:47 AM
To: Snyder, Michael E. <My email address redacted>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] - Community Search Feedback

"Hi Michael,

Thanks for submitting Community Search Feedback!

I see you were seeking for information on Oracle 19c. Was there specific types of information or resources you were looking for? This way, I can either help you locate the information or I can log this as a content gap within the site to ensure the proper request is made to get it filled.

Let me know! Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on our search.

Best,

<Name redacted>"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To which I replied back within one half hour on March 11, 2020 and I quote...

Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 9:13 AM
To: 'Name redacted' <Name redacted@hyland.com>
Subject: RE: Community Search Feedback

"Hello <name redacted>,

According to the “Third Party Compatiblity” Matrix found at this URL on Hyland’s Community site…

https://community.hyland.com/technical/third-party-compatibility/third-party-compatibility-list?filt...

It says for Product “Oracle 19C” it has a Status of “Testing In-Progress”.

While we are currently using OnBase and using Oracle RDBMS as the database, I have various questions around Oracle 19c.

• What Version of OnBase will support Oracle 19c? Does testing include OnBase 18?  If so, what version/release of OnBase 18.0, 18.1?
  • What 19c is Hyland using for testing?  19.3, 19.5, 19.6?  Exactly what release of the Oracle 19c RDBMS will be certified?
  • Is multi-tenancy technology being used?  In other words, is the 19c testing using Container Database – CDB/PDB (Pluggable Database)?

Thank you for helping me on this <name redacted>!

Mike" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had not received any response for over one week to which I followed up with another email to the Hyland employee...

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 10:06 AM
To: 'Name redacted' <Name redacted@hyland.com>
Subject: RE: Community Search Feedback

Hello <name redacted>,

I am following up on my questions that I replied last week.

I greatly appreciate you providing me with an update pertaining to my email.

Thanks again,

Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of respect, I'd only wish that I would receive an email from the Hyland employee.  Even if this person had no answer for me, it would be nice to simply close the discussion.

When I did reach out to my FLOS, I did receive a response concerning my inquiry...

Response from Hyland:

Following up on the questions submitted regarding Oracle 19c as I have some answers for you.  Albeit, they aren’t perfect but it’s as much context as we have at the moment from R&D.

The tentative plan is to add support for Oracle 19c starting with Foundation EP3 using 19.3, since that’s what we’ve been testing with since December 2019.  We will likely only add support for new OnBase databases in LTRs going forward and will likely not be added in 18 or Foundation EP1/EP2.  In SCR# 295790 described as “Request support for Oracle Multitenant database technology in Oracle 12c” we submitted a documentation request to have our DBMS MRG updated to contain the following information:
db5260a2e4474ddbb4497229744e4f3e

With the above information I hope I’ve answered your questions at this time.  Keep in mind this is still a work in progress by our Product Owners and R&D, but slated for Foundation EP3.

While many customers may be upgrading to an earlier release of EP3 because they cannot advance to the latest Hyland OnBase release (i.e. due to constraints of 3rd party vendors not yet on the latest OnBase Foundation EP), I'd only hope that Hyland's development team would also test out the latest RDBMS of Oracle 19c with earlier and supported OnBase 18 and perhaps prior releases.  While OnBase 18 is certified with Oracle 18c, our IT department is running only Oracle 12c and Oracle 19c; it is too encumbersome to support yet another release of Oracle RDBMS.  I really need to be in a position to upgrade our Oracle 12cR2 running OnBase 18 to Oracle 19c.  I really believe Hyland must consider these requests from their customers. 

Sincerely,

Mike

Mike_Askren
Employee
Employee

@Michael Snyder 

First and foremost, I sincerely apologize for the lapse in response from the Hyland team member you had reached through our Community Support channel.  Our Community team is certainly here to serve our customers and will look into what led to this unpleasant experience for you.

The OnBase Foundation EP3 release will provide support for Oracle 19c, including version 19.0 and all higher patch versions of 19c.   I would also note that the new version of Hyland IdP 2.0 releasing to support Oracle databases will also support Oracle 19c.  Prior releases of OnBase or Hyland IdP will not provide support for Oracle 19c.

In regards to support for Oracle's Multitenant option, this capability is supported in OnBase 14 and higher with Oracle 12c and higher.

Best Regards,

Mike 

Ralph_Pero
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have recently engaged Hyland in this same conversation.  Hyland has only tested Oracle 19c with EP3.  We are in the same boat where we have OnBase V18 running with Oracle and are in the midst of upgrading our databases to 19c.  Right now Hyland's only answer is to upgrade to EP3.

Ralph_Pero
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is there anyone else facing the same challenges with Oracle 19c and earlier versions of OnBase?

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.