cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenFileDialog in Web Client

Daniel_Donado
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

is there a way to display a OpenFileDialog on the web client to choose a file and get it on a script? it works in the Unity Client but for obvious reasons not in the web client, i can't find something similar. I do the scripts in C#.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Daniel,

This is not possible with the web client.  The Unity Client has the ability to do this because it is a desktop application and it is possible to execute client-side scripting using C# or VB.NET.  However, since the web client is browser driven the web client does not have any ability to control 'client-side' execution.  Client-side execution through a web interface would require some type of javascript which is not part of the web-based interface.

Although it would be a bit cool if there was a way to do this.  I would recommend going to the 'Ideas' page and seeing if other people would find this useful as well.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Daniel,

This is not possible with the web client.  The Unity Client has the ability to do this because it is a desktop application and it is possible to execute client-side scripting using C# or VB.NET.  However, since the web client is browser driven the web client does not have any ability to control 'client-side' execution.  Client-side execution through a web interface would require some type of javascript which is not part of the web-based interface.

Although it would be a bit cool if there was a way to do this.  I would recommend going to the 'Ideas' page and seeing if other people would find this useful as well.