cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase customer seeks other customers’ advice about issue reporting

Julie_Mizener
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

A customer recently reached out to us on the Customer Experience team, and we’d like to know what your organization does in this scenario?

When I get an error in OnBase, I have to report it to my department’s “IT team,” who then reports it to our OnBase Admin, who THEN reports it to Hyland’s tech support to try to figure it out. Is anyone experiencing or has anyone experienced internal processes at your organization like this that are far from efficient in reporting errors or issues regarding OnBase? And what did you do about it?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

Wayne_Collins
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

It really depends what the error is.

The way we handle it is that the Helpdesk deals with all first level faults and anything else is passed to the OnBase admin.

The OnBase admin will check our knowledge base or the Communities pages for any record of a similar problem and then will report it to the Support team if there is no record of a similar problem. This may be by email or over the telephone depending on the severity of the issue.

Often we will also post a question on the relevant Communities page in parallel.

If the problem is not urgent we might post to the communites page and leave the support team out of the loop to ease their burden Big Smile

One thing that would be helpful is that we could have access to previous records we have reported via the Communities website. This would also reduce the burden upon the support teams.

Jaime_Perez1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Julie

The support you receive from personnel in your own organization depends on the level of training that your OnBase System Administrator has.  In our organization, the Onbase Administrator has been sent to different levels of training courses provide by Hyland that will help with system administration, workflow, exception reports, e-forms, etc.  We report issues with Onbase directly to the OnBase  System Administrator which is also part of the IT Department.  When the OnBase System Administrator can’t solve the problem, he will then contact Hyland for support.  The key is to have a well-trained OnBase System Administrator that is responsible and very proficient.

Hope this helps,

How does a company get direct contact support from Hyland instead of a middle company?

My question back is Hyland advocating  end users to have /  or isencouraging for end users to directly contact the vendor or Hyland without going through the IS department?

We follow the outline you  presented because it is the most efficient and keeps the environment stable and minimizes downtime.

We always have the IS liason /super user in the dept field all calls.  Often the error is an end user issue/training issue.  This prevents unneccessary contact to the IS /helpdesk

Without following the process you outlined

How would you follow change management procedures in production if you allowed an end user to directly contact the vendor?

-would the end user be a local admin on the machine?

-- end user have access to configuration? diagnostics console, servers etc? TEST environment to test changes

--is the end user knowledgeable about the deployment, why /how and able to effectively relay this to Hyland/Vendor

--knowledgeable about the deployment and deployment to other departments within the enterprise?

--have the authority to make a change in the system without manager input/IS  and onbase admin input?

--Would Hyland /Vendors make changes to the system without working with their clients IS /Onbase Admin?  Imagine you doing an IIS reset without realizing this impacted an entire organization .  I cannot imagine it......