cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase Cloud Hosted Version 18 with EP3 or Above Database

LeRoy_Llamas
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello. We are running OnBase Version 18 cloud hosted with Hyland. We are using Mailbox Importer and are being affected by the recent MS O365 upgrade to the new Authentication protocol. 

We were instructed to upgrade our OnBase Database to EP3 or above. Does anyone have an OnBase installation with all Version 18 Clients and App Servers, connecting to an EP"N" database? We have Workflow, Mailbox Importers, GuideWire integrations, etc. 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

Christopher_Sny
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Good afternoon, LeRoy.  We are on Hyland Cloud with versions 18.0.1.44 Unity Clients, Outlook plugin and Mobile Clients running IDP.

When we migrated to Hyland Cloud in November 2021, Hyland upgraded our db to 20.3.19.1000 EP3.  So, we were running both for a little while.  The main issue was when 18 clients sent out "Formatted" notifications they would not go out because of the version differences.  He had to down grade to "Plain text" notifications for this to work.

20.3.19.1000 EP3 was only a stepping stone and did not migrate any clients to EP3 as EP5 is already out.  We choose to upgrade to EP5 21.1.18.1000 which was just done, and now I'm migrating all our clients to EP5 hopefully by the end of the year.  Once done, i will decommission all version 18 and EP3 app servers, web servers, and mobile app servers.

This year has been a whirlwind for me.  We have an version 18.0.1.44 DEV environment still on-premise that we still develop in.  This is because you should not develop in a higher version than your lowest deployed client.  We develop in 18.0.1.44, migrate to our UT1 20.3.19.1000 EP3 studio, then UT2 20.3.19.1000 studio, then Prod 20.3.19.1000 studio.  I have version 21.1.18.1000 EP5 studio installed, but you cannot go from 18.0.1.44 directly to 21.1.18.1000 studio import as it fails.

We only will be like this for a couple more months.  Once all OnBase clients are fully migrated to 21.1.18.1000 EP5, I will decommission our on-premise environment and our team will start developing in UT1 21.1.18.1000 EP5 going forward.

We will upgrade our notes back to "Formatted" after these migrations are completed.

Thanks!

Juan_Trevino
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

From an on-prem standpoint, databases are mostly backwards compatibile.  So upgrading the database schema from 18x to EP3 should not make a difference (we just did on-prem 17x to EP3 for period of time).  As long as your connection points (App/Web) are the same version as your clients, it should be fine.  But your FLOS would be able to help more if there are concerns on compatibility of specific modules.

Allison_Golden
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi LeRoy,

We are cloud-hosted, running OnBase v.18 and using mailbox importer.  We only upgraded our databases and MBI to EP3 (PRD on 09/09).

Feel free to reach out to me if you have additional questions.

Allison Golden

agolden@fsu.edu