cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC Authentication

Not applicable

Hello

I have a problem when I try to connect to the Onbase application, When I create the ODBC connection and try to open the Onbase client an error comes that say SQL Error: SQL Native Client Password Validation Failed. The password does not meet Windows policy requirements because it is not complex enough. Then I check and we have the password policy enable. There is a way to make Onbase functional even if this policy is enable. ?

1 REPLY 1

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Jayson,

I'd imagine you've resolved this issue by now since the post is 10 months old but I thought I'd provide an answer in case anyone else runs across this.

This is often encountered after a migration/upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to a later version when a new workstation is connecting to the database. The SQL portion of the error message you receive will show something similar to SQL: [csp_AddDMUser WORKSTATIONNAME]

This issue can be corrected by dropping the stored procedure called 'hsi.csp_AddDMUser' from the database. The OnBase Client will recreate the procedure and the workstation login and registration can then be completed.

Ansley