cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NT Authentication Failing with Unity API

Dj_Elford4
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have an API that calls a custom web service that uses an onbase service account as the identity in IIS.  The process can be tested two ways:  through a call web service when the user selects the Processed Ad Hoc button in the Lifecycle or through the WSDL.  The WSDL contains two checks:  One authenticates, one does not.  The one that does not authenticate works but the one that authenticates throws the following error in our dev environment:

An error occurred within the Unity API: Authentication Failed for user *********** on Datasource **********

However, in our test environment it throws the following error: ERROR [22018] [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01722: invalid number.  This is custom code that someone wrote that is no longer with the company and my first real issue since acquiring my API certification. 

The onbase service account we are using has admin writes and full control to a log file where it is suppose to write any successful or failure calls.  It is not writing to the log file regardless. 

The code is written in C#.

We are on the following currently in Dev, Test and Prod:

Browser:  Internet Explorer 11

Unity Client: 13.0.2.192

Web client version 13.0.2.192

Database: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.4.0 - 64bit

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated 🙂

DJ

Edit: Removed anything that could point to private configuration information, just in case.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Zhengxin_Guo
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi! DJ,

It looks like there might be two problems. 1. NT Authentication problem in the dev environment. 2. The database data query problem in the testing environment. It looks like a common issue when dealing converting string to number in Oracle Database. See the article for the issue: http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/ORA-01722.

I suggest you contact your technical support for solving the NT Authentication problem since it could be a complex problem. Thanks much!

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Zhengxin_Guo
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi! DJ,

It looks like there might be two problems. 1. NT Authentication problem in the dev environment. 2. The database data query problem in the testing environment. It looks like a common issue when dealing converting string to number in Oracle Database. See the article for the issue: http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/ORA-01722.

I suggest you contact your technical support for solving the NT Authentication problem since it could be a complex problem. Thanks much!

Yeah, this could be more complicated to figure out due to involving some server configuration, potentially an issue with privileges, and us needing more diagnostics. If you're API certified, you can contact apisupport@onbase.com - otherwise, contact your first line of support and they'll know where to direct you or how to help out.