cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Document Types Aside from SYS Defaults - Not To Be Assigned Showing Up?

Stephen_Dignam
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Good morning, I have multiple users reporting that when they open OnBase that they can see all of their Document Type Groups but can only see the Document Type of SYS Defaults - Not To Be Assigned.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? If so, how was it resolved?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Stephen_Dignam
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I was able to receive assistance from my First Line of Support. The issue had to do with the Fast Load file. The resolution involved deleting the itemtype.lst file from the Fast Load path location and then rebuilding it by accessing any Document Type's Settings and clicking Save. This resolved the issue after having users completely close and launch Client. However, the FLOS representative also advised deleting the itemtype.loc file that could be located locally under the Temporary path for reports under the user's workstation options to ensure that was updated as well. After deleting that file, again have the user completely close and launch Client for it to rebuild itself.

Hope this potentially helps anyone else that may experience this issue in the future.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen_Dignam
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I was able to receive assistance from my First Line of Support. The issue had to do with the Fast Load file. The resolution involved deleting the itemtype.lst file from the Fast Load path location and then rebuilding it by accessing any Document Type's Settings and clicking Save. This resolved the issue after having users completely close and launch Client. However, the FLOS representative also advised deleting the itemtype.loc file that could be located locally under the Temporary path for reports under the user's workstation options to ensure that was updated as well. After deleting that file, again have the user completely close and launch Client for it to rebuild itself.

Hope this potentially helps anyone else that may experience this issue in the future.

To expand upon this further, this issue again occurred today even after applying the fix described above. I blanked out the path in the Fast Load Utility so that it no longer attempts to use this functionality as it is clearly the root cause of these issues.