cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Volumes to Disk Group slow to create

Not applicable

Issue related to customer Disk Group not creating new volumes when the previous volume is filled up.

After approximately 20-40 minutes the Volume is created and then everything works fine.  This is the only Disk Group in the environment that does this. Disk Group Settings, Volume Configuration, and Volume Information mirror other working Disk Groups. Permissions on the UNCShare is also mirrored to the other Disk Group share locations.

I am running out of Idea's has anyone seen an issue like this before, or have some addition troubleshooting suggestions?

Error in DC

6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable

I don't think my image upload worked...

List of activity in Diagnostic Console below:

========================

AddToIdFile error: Error access file \\UNCSHARE\ADG\OnBase.ID [Errno: 13] Permission denied. Error changing file permissions for file \\UNCSHARE\ADG\OnBase.ID...

-----

RemoveFromIdFile erro: Platter [104:5:1] not found in ID File \\UNCSHARE\ADG\OnBase.ID

-----

Undoing Logical platter update

-----

Failed [1] to add to id file for platter 104:5:1 at: \\SERVER01\diskgroups$\ADG\OnBase.ID

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Dumb question, but you have verified the permissions match on the OnBase.ID file itself?

Not applicable

What should they be, the DSS User should have full control but the attrib for read only checked correct?

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Yes, that is correct. The file should always remain as Read-Only, but the DSS should have Full Control of the file.