Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use a cascading dataset to drive an autofill

m_barker-allred
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi everyone,

I'm creating forms to requisition a new hire. The manager selects the desired Position from a drop down which cascades to the level of the position they can select via a cascading data set.  (e.g. accountant 3).  This data is concatenated together in another keyword which is used as a parent in another cascade to determine the pay range called Band-Grade (e.g. B3).  This is all functioning as expected when I Test Drive it on a sample form.

Currently on the real form, without the cascading data set, I can manually select the Band-Grade keyword (e.g. B3) from a drop down list and it autofills  the minimum, midpoint, and maximum salary keywords for the pay range. 

With the cascading data set configured to use the same Band-Grade keyword, the sample form doesn't autofill the minimum, midpoint, and maximum salary keywords.

My brain says the only thing I did was constrain the selections from the Band-Grade keyword drop down list and therefore the autofill should still populate as it did before since I didn't change any of the autofill configuration.

Any suggestions you can give me on what I did wrong /how to fix it and if this is possible/not possible are appreciated!

Have a great day!

Michele

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

m_barker-allred
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Duh! I figured it out.

The Autofill field in the Properties for the Band-Grade keyword on the Unity Form was deleted.  Once I selected the correct autofill, the Band-Grade autofill started working again.   

Thanks for viewing my question.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

m_barker-allred
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Duh! I figured it out.

The Autofill field in the Properties for the Band-Grade keyword on the Unity Form was deleted.  Once I selected the correct autofill, the Band-Grade autofill started working again.   

Thanks for viewing my question.