cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

named license query

Katrina_Fellen2
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I am looking for a way to find a list of users that have a named client license assigned to them.  I don't want to rely on the fact that I properly added them to the NAMED CLIENT user group, and the report services doesn't give it to me either.  Can anyone offer how I get that with sQL?

5 REPLIES 5

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Here's a query just for that:

select rtrim(ua.username) as 'User ID', rtrim(ua.realname) as 'User Name'
from hsi.useraccount ua with(nolock)
where ua.licenseflag & 1 = 1
order by 1

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

If you also have named workflow or workview licenses, here's a larger query that does all three. This lists anyone with either a named client, named workflow, and/or named workview license.

SELECT rtrim(ua.username) as 'User ID'
    , case ua.licenseflag & 1 when 1 then 'YES' else 'NO' end as 'Named Client'
    , case ua.licenseflag & 64 when 64 then 'YES' else 'NO' end as 'Named Workflow'
    , case ua.licenseflag & 128 when 128 then 'YES' else 'NO' end as 'Named Workview'
from hsi.useraccount ua with(nolock)
where ua.licenseflag & 1 = 1 or ua.licenseflag & 64 = 64 or ua.licenseflag & 128 = 128
order by 1

Dan_Travers
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

You can also run the User Accounts report in Configuration which will give you this information. The User Accounts report breaks out each user and lists all Named User Licenses assigned to that user. At the end of the User Accounts report is a breakdown of named license types that lists all users who have been assigned that license, which will give you a list of all users who have been assigned a Named User Client license. The Product Licenses report also displays a list of which users are currently assigned a Named User Client license.

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Yeah that is probably the best way to just get a list. I had my queries because I had adapted them to give lists of users with named licenses in specific user group(s) and users with named licenses with no recent logins.