cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple cores/ cpu

Not applicable

We have a processing server set up that runs workflow timer processing as well as scan queue sweeps and ocr.  Are there processes multi-threaded so that they would benefit from running on a sysytem with multiple cores or cpus?

8 REPLIES 8

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

If you are running the Thick Client, it is singled threaded.  If you are running the Core Based Workflow Timer Service, that is multi-threaded.

Hi,

Are you absolutely certain the core based workflow timer is multi-threaded? - Doesn't it run through each assigned task sequentially, for instance if 3 processes are configured to run at 3am, doesn't the first one run to completion before #2 and #3 get processed?  This is certainly the experience I have had when performing speed testing.

Regards

Nick

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

That isn't the experience I've had.  I've got multiple timers that can run at the same time.  Recently we needed to convert 1 million PDF files to TIFF and we created multiple WF Queues to split the documents into.  Then we had a timer on each queue setup in the Core base WF Timer Service and all of the timers would run at the same time.

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Nick, are you sure you're running the Hyland Workflow Timer Service? With that I have definitely seen it running multiple timers at the same time.