cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Instance Keyword

Nick_Spurlock
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a keyword and then use F6 to create another instance of the keyword.  How can I get both instances of a keyword to display in the auto-name string?

3 REPLIES 3

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

In the autoname string, the format for keywords is %K0xxxx.y

Where "xxxx" is the keyword number, and "y" is the number of instances of that keyword to display. So if you have keyword number 100 and want to display two instances of it, you would put "%K00100.2" in your auto-name string configuration.

I'm not sure if there's a limit to this, as I've only ever tried 1 and 2 instances.

Dean_Johnson
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

What John said is correct, I was just going to say that we have eforms and other documents with 20 or 30 instances of a single keyword.  The only catch is they always go in order.  So if you have an eform with 10 fields on it so you have OBKEY__100_1, OBKEY__100_2, etc... and you enter in data into OBKEY__100_9 and there is nothing in 1 - 8, it will move the data to OBKEY__100_1 so your eform could look odd.

Just wanted to share that.

Dean

Looks like there's no way to prevent this re-ordering? It's causing headache, I wan't to maintain the order user fills the instances, but after each commit, values are re-ordered alphabetically again.