cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimum keyword mask?

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Is there a way to require a minimum number of characters, with the possibility of substantially more?  For example: a Contract Number keyword is defined as alpha(20) and the client wants to make sure at least 6 characters are always entered, but all new contracts should be 20.  For example, i put XXXXXX into the mask, but when I test using the "Test Masking" button it won't let me put in 1234567890.  The test cuts me off at 123456.  Note: I did not check full field entry required because it isn't.  We are on v15sp2.

Regards,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Tom,

Thank you for using Community.

The functionality that you are asking about does not currently exist within the software. There currently is a way to set a maximum number of characters for a Keyword Type but there is not a way to configure a minimum number of characters for a Keyword Type.

The test that you attempted with using masking would mean that masking is working as expected. Since you configured the mask with XXXXXX (X being the Alphanumeric character mask), the keyword value that is being entered is limited to the 6 characters (since that is what is configured). It would not allow any further characters to be entered beyond the 6 characters.

Since this functionality does not exist within the software, it might be possible to run a script that verifies the value entered for the Keyword Type is at least 6 characters in length. You can also work with your First Line of Support to submit an Enhancement SCR to request this funcation ality for Development to consider for a future version of OnBase.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney
Team Leader
Hyland Software Technical Support Department

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
Anyone?

Jonathan_Finney
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hello Tom,

Thank you for using Community.

The functionality that you are asking about does not currently exist within the software. There currently is a way to set a maximum number of characters for a Keyword Type but there is not a way to configure a minimum number of characters for a Keyword Type.

The test that you attempted with using masking would mean that masking is working as expected. Since you configured the mask with XXXXXX (X being the Alphanumeric character mask), the keyword value that is being entered is limited to the 6 characters (since that is what is configured). It would not allow any further characters to be entered beyond the 6 characters.

Since this functionality does not exist within the software, it might be possible to run a script that verifies the value entered for the Keyword Type is at least 6 characters in length. You can also work with your First Line of Support to submit an Enhancement SCR to request this funcation ality for Development to consider for a future version of OnBase.

Thanks.

Jonathan Finney
Team Leader
Hyland Software Technical Support Department

Thanks Johnathan. That is what I would expect using masking as well. I can't claim to know everything about onbase, so I figured it was worth a shot.