cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for example Unity API code to use as IExternalKeywordDataSetScript.

Curtis_Krol1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Looking for example Unity API code to use as IExternalKeywordDataSetScript set, now that SQL Select String is no longer available.

I have 1 SQL table with Employee Information that used to be a very simple query. (Select ID, FName, LName From Employees Where ID = 'at- primary')

With that no longer an option, I am hoping people can share their code for this in Unity Scripts. When I look at the API, the sample does not complete the picture of how to query, build a results list, and then provide that back to the user within the Indexing screen, just: 

args.Results.AddKeyword( KeywordResult );

https://sdk.onbase.com/unitySDK/html/7f924cd4-f368-463d-8093-536d89ec9861.htm

I have scripts that make a connection string, and select/insert to other tables. How does the IExternalKeywordDataSetScript know it is an array of multiple keyword values? etc.

Thanks in advance.

16 REPLIES 16

Curtis_Krol1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi Celso, Thank you!

Of course there is a new 'make it work again' check box that I needed to enable.
This is not mentioned in the Autofill MRG...just in the SysAdmin MRG

For others, per the SysAdmin MRG EP5, page 605:
Enable SQL Select option for External AutoFill Keyword Sets and Data Sets
 - By default, upgraded systems using a SQL Select String for External AutoFill Keyword Sets or Data Sets will have this option selected.
 - Upgraded systems should keep this option selected until a replacement has been configured for AutoFill Keyword Sets and Data Sets. If deselected before all SQL Select String configurations have been replaced, External AutoFill Keyword Sets or Data Sets still relying on the use of a SQL Select String will not be functional.
 - New systems should first consider alternate sources before selecting this option.

So, if you have some SQL Select AFKS in place when you upgrade,  as Rose said, they should be enabled and continue to work.
Just new systems do  not have them enabled by default.

Rose_Nedrow
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Celso, Thank you! Of course there is a new 'make it work again' check box that I needed to enable. This is not mentioned in the Autofill MRG...just in the SysAdmin MRG For others, per the SysAdmin MRG EP5, page 605: Enable SQL Select option for External AutoFill Keyword Sets and Data Sets - By default, upgraded systems using a SQL Select String for External AutoFill Keyword Sets or Data Sets will have this option selected. - Upgraded systems should keep this option selected until a replacement has been configured for AutoFill Keyword Sets and Data Sets. If deselected before all SQL Select String configurations have been replaced, External AutoFill Keyword Sets or Data Sets still relying on the use of a SQL Select String will not be functional. - New systems should first consider alternate sources before selecting this option. So, if you have some SQL Select AFKS in place when you upgrade, as Rose said, they should be enabled and continue to work. Just new systems do not have them enabled by default.

Hi, Curtis.

I will ask our Technical Writers to add something to the Autofill MRG.  Thank you for all your feedback. 

Rose