cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for example Unity API code to use as IExternalKeywordDataSetScript.

Curtis_Krol1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Looking for example Unity API code to use as IExternalKeywordDataSetScript set, now that SQL Select String is no longer available.

I have 1 SQL table with Employee Information that used to be a very simple query. (Select ID, FName, LName From Employees Where ID = 'at- primary')

With that no longer an option, I am hoping people can share their code for this in Unity Scripts. When I look at the API, the sample does not complete the picture of how to query, build a results list, and then provide that back to the user within the Indexing screen, just: 

args.Results.AddKeyword( KeywordResult );

https://sdk.onbase.com/unitySDK/html/7f924cd4-f368-463d-8093-536d89ec9861.htm

I have scripts that make a connection string, and select/insert to other tables. How does the IExternalKeywordDataSetScript know it is an array of multiple keyword values? etc.

Thanks in advance.

16 REPLIES 16

Scott_Johnson3
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

To use some CommunityLive jargon, I thought Hyland is promoting OnBase as "Low-Code" platform.   This "upgrade" is going in the opposite direction.  That said as long-time an API certified developer.  I personally do not use the SQL option but see value for many simple use-cases for non-programmers. 

Curtis_Krol1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello Rose and others!

This is mentioned in the EP5 Autofill MRG as 'may be removed in a future...' but when we created a new system from Foundation DB Utils 21.1.4.1000, the SQL Select String was NOT available in External Autofill Keyword Set configuration.

We chose to create a new system, rather than copy/upgrade our existing template so that we would have a clean system, but this has removed a vital feature. If you are confirming that an older version (EP3) that gets upgraded will be able to continue to use, and add/update, external AFKS with SQL Select strings, that is good to know.

As others have pointed out, this change takes a 2 minute configuration with a one line SQL select statement, and turns that into a Unity Script coding project with no templates or examples provided to as a basis with which to start. What about users/customers that do not have API certification? Are they able to make Unity Scripts or will ALL customers be provided the API license? I do not feel that this change leads to creating a better product, certainly not simpler to use and contradicts the 'low coding' goals of OnBase by only allowing a coding option.

0725cf8a5fa543ae82caceb4836f4bbf

celsocastillo
Employee
Employee

Hello Curtis

I have same issue in a newly created database with EP5.

To enable SQL string you need to check "Enable SQL Select option for External AutoFill Keyword Sets and Data Sets" with configuration menu Global Client Settings > Keyword tab

Thanks

Rose_Nedrow
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Curtis, are you stating that upon upgrade those options were not available to you or are you stating that it was a new database?  If it is a new database the ability to create SQL and VBScripts is disabled by default and yet it can be enabled as Celso stated. 

Please contact your FLOS if you performed an upgrade and these were not enabled by default.  You can find more information in the System Administration MRG. 

Rose_Nedrow
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello. I apologize for frustration this has caused. Please know that the ability to configure SQL Select and VB Scripts is still available and is enabled by default for existing customers. New customers have these settings disabled by default and we do recommend all customers use alternate sources, such as Unity Scripts. Please see the System Administration MRG for more information. This change was introduced in OnBase Foundation EP5 (LTR). I will keep your feedback in mind and will strive to provide guidance in the future. Thank you, Rose Nedrow What is the reasoning behind removing SQL Select? Sometimes that's the most direct and easiest way to implement. Not every customer has a programmer to write a unity script to write a SQL query.

Hello.

The reason for this change is to move to more secure options, such as Unity Scripts. 

Thank you,

Rose