cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for example Unity API code to use as IExternalKeywordDataSetScript.

Curtis_Krol1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Looking for example Unity API code to use as IExternalKeywordDataSetScript set, now that SQL Select String is no longer available.

I have 1 SQL table with Employee Information that used to be a very simple query. (Select ID, FName, LName From Employees Where ID = 'at- primary')

With that no longer an option, I am hoping people can share their code for this in Unity Scripts. When I look at the API, the sample does not complete the picture of how to query, build a results list, and then provide that back to the user within the Indexing screen, just: 

args.Results.AddKeyword( KeywordResult );

https://sdk.onbase.com/unitySDK/html/7f924cd4-f368-463d-8093-536d89ec9861.htm

I have scripts that make a connection string, and select/insert to other tables. How does the IExternalKeywordDataSetScript know it is an array of multiple keyword values? etc.

Thanks in advance.

16 REPLIES 16

Richard_Ruiz
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I cannot find this restriction in the EP3 MRG. What Page is it on?

George_Sialmas
Employee
Employee

Curtis, can you please elaborate on what you mean by "now that SQL Select String is no longer available."? What OnBase build are you working in? Also as @Rich Ruiz mentions, is this restriction documented in a MRG?

Steve_Warner
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

It's not that this functionality is no longer available but it seems likely this functionality will be removed in the future.

Page 605 of the EP5 SysAdmin MRG (Global Client Settings > Keyword tab) lists a new setting: "Enable SQL Select option for External AutoFill Keyword Sets and Data Sets". Everyone can read it for themselves but it comes with a warning: "Caution: SQL Select String functionality is being maintained for backwards compatibility, but it is no longer recommended and may be removed in a future release. Consider adopting Unity Scripts instead." I found no such reference in EP3 MRG.

George_Sialmas
Employee
Employee

Thanks @Steve Warner .

Melissa_Foster
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hello. I apologize for frustration this has caused. Please know that the ability to configure SQL Select and VB Scripts is still available and is enabled by default for existing customers. New customers have these settings disabled by default and we do recommend all customers use alternate sources, such as Unity Scripts. Please see the System Administration MRG for more information. This change was introduced in OnBase Foundation EP5 (LTR). I will keep your feedback in mind and will strive to provide guidance in the future. Thank you, Rose Nedrow

What is the reasoning behind removing SQL Select?  Sometimes that's the most direct and easiest way to implement.  Not every customer has a programmer to write a unity script to write a SQL query.