Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link with external license key not working

Denise_Gemesio
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Dear API team,

I'm still struggling with my proprietary libraries (see "Error: "Unable to load DLL <>: The specified module could not be found.". How to add an existing item to a Unity project?).

I have been able to include the DLL in the project, but now the problem is that when I run my code, it cannot find the license key of the proprietary library.

The license key is a server key and it is linked thanks to an EXE program in which you can activate and deactivate the license key. Everything has been done right at the level of this License Manager program.

I think then that the problem has a link with my last problem which is not knowing where I should place the License Manager program in order to have a link well made between the code and the license key. Plus, the License Manager has to be run with Administrative rights. I already tried to place it in appserver\bin but it still doesn't work.

Do you have any advice about this problem?

Thank you very much and best regards,

Denise

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Denise_Gemesio
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We were finally able to resolve this.

The company of the proprietary library actually developed a program "License Manager" that was able to active an license key, thus write it in the registry editor.

From what I understood, our code which is run from the AppServer which is in the IIS server is able to get the license key that's on the machine (Windows Server) and visible in the Registry Editor (cmd: regedit). But for this to work, an IIS Reset has to be made 🙂

Everything in the architecture works now 🙂 thank for your support!

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Denise_Gemesio
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We were finally able to resolve this.

The company of the proprietary library actually developed a program "License Manager" that was able to active an license key, thus write it in the registry editor.

From what I understood, our code which is run from the AppServer which is in the IIS server is able to get the license key that's on the machine (Windows Server) and visible in the Registry Editor (cmd: regedit). But for this to work, an IIS Reset has to be made 🙂

Everything in the architecture works now 🙂 thank for your support!

Thank YOU for posting the update/answer to the question!