Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyword Maximum Length

John_Vic_Caburn
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Good Day!

I've got a problem here about Keyword's Maximum Length, our Client only wants each and every keyword must have only a 30 Maximum Length, but I've set it's maximum length to 50. I've already created around 500+ Keywords, and I've just tested that I can increase the maximum length of the keywords but I can't reduce it's length. Is there any possible way/s to reduce the maximum length of the keywords other than recreating each keyword that I've made? 

Thank You! 

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_Mikulus
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

John,

It is possible for your Hyland Support team to shorten keywords when necessary but to avoid risks we typically suggest applying masking to the keyword instead. If the customer feels that these keywords need to be shortened please contact your support team to review the keywords and find out if the length can be reduced without any problems.

Steve

Hi Steve thanks for your answer and sorry for the late reply. I'll try the method you're suggesting about setting up the Masking of the keywords that I've created. If it's acceptable to the customer I might use that for the entire keyword that I've made, but if it's not I'll try to raise this question to our Support Team.

Thanks a lot Steve, I really appreciate your answer.

John Vic

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Why do they care what the maximum length is? It doesn't take much (or any) more database space as far as I know. Do they just not want to be able to accidentally put too many characters in?