cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key workflow configuration changes for SOX audit - How are you doing it?

Jeannie_Kearns
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Our audit team wants us to produce a report from OnBase that shows any and all key workflow configuration updates/changes to "financially significant" workflows.  We have attempted pulling a few different reports but nothing that narrows it directly down to the workflow queues and tasks that they want to see have remained unchanged OR have been changed and we can provide documentation of the updates to them.

Does anyone have this same challenge?  How are you producing this type of report?  What are you producing for them to review?

Side note... we were using a workview solution to just document the changes we were making in the system but not they want something system based to prove our work.

Thanks in advance!

Jeannie

211 Burnette Street | Troy, NC 27371
PO Box 627 | Troy, NC 27371
Office 910-572-3168 | Direct 910-573-3235
www.localfirstbank.com
jkearns@locafirstbank.com
5 REPLIES 5

Alex_Rath
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Would the "View Changes" panel in Studio not give what they need?  That's about the only thing I can think of unless you dig deep into the database to find all the tables where the data is stored and run the joins.

It depends on what the auditors need and the corporate approach to providing it.  In my system, some auditors only ask for access to certain doc types over certain date ranges, not to the workflow design.  The director over that area approved giving them limited client access to retrieve and view any docs of the type and dates specified so we created a custom user group and account for them.  Info Security requires any other auditors to name the specific documents they want, which we pull and provide them a copy of the doc, not OnBase access.  Under our current policy, no auditors will be allowed access to system settings or workflow design, period.  If they need to verify the workflow or security, they'll work with the developer and data owner on a case-by-case basis.

Btw, where is the "View Changes" panel you mentioned?  I'm running EP3 (v20.3.5.1000) and don't see it in Studio.

I'm on EP5, so it might be a different thing.  In Studio it's on the Home tab.

Thank you, @Alex Rath .  It doesn't show the specific changes from and to, like a Studio workflow Compare, but at least it shows which items (forms, doc types, notifications, workflow actions, etc. were changed, when, and by whom.