cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep losing System activation since moving lower environments to AWS

Sarah_Amies1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

How is the system activation tied to the environment? Is it like a workstation license via IP/MAC address? We moved our QA to AWS to test the possibility of moving other environments, but every time we restart the environment, we have to reactive the system. We are running RDS and EC2 containers. If anyone can please provide some insight. I see that you can set these by setting a Elastic Network Interface, but they cost extra, so I would need to give them the exact server to tie it to.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Sarah.

System Activation is based on a number of characteristics derived from the database server.  

Are you stating that in your environment the server hosting the database, or the instance where the database is hosted in the RDBMS is changing?

Take care.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Sarah.

System Activation is based on a number of characteristics derived from the database server.  

Are you stating that in your environment the server hosting the database, or the instance where the database is hosted in the RDBMS is changing?

Take care.

I am not really sure if anything is really changing with the RDBMS instance. We are not purposefully changing it. But its possible that, since AWS is new to us, there is an incorrect setting. We notice that when we restart the instance we lose the activation. Is there anything anything that absolutely must stay static? The only thing I know is static is the instance name and the IP Address. 

Hi Sarah.  The settings are proprietary, so my answer is going to going to be vague.  However, one of the values is in the OnBase database, another is derived from the RDBMS platform hosting the database and another is derived from the server hosting the RDBMS.

If this is not helpful enough, then I would recommend working through your first line of support to get ahold of Hyland Technical Support for further troubleshooting.

Best wishes.

Thank you Adam. I will do that!