cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with specific user getting locked out

Austin_Barber1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Everyone. I have a specific user that keeps receiving a message on the web client saying that either her password is incorrect or her account is locked out. It started back at the beginning of October 2021. She recently changed her AD password on 9/30/2021. From looking at the transaction logs, I see all the invalid passwords, her getting locked out, and the system auto unlocking her account. It doesn't happen every day. From the logs it happened 10/1, 10/5, 10/13, 11/2, and today 11/4. Usually when she reports it I can unlock it. Yesterday and today though, when in the OnBase Client and Configuration, I never saw the account locked out until a few minutes ago. Usually it's pretty instant to show the account locked out. I've checked the password policies in OnBase, and we are pretty basic. Three bad attempts and you get locked out. Then after 30 minutes, your account auto unlocks. We do use AD authentication. I've checked with the system administrator team to look at her AD account, and they saw four bad password attempts in 24 hours. They said this wasn't enough to lock her AD account out. She said that she doesn't have issues with any other work applications besides OnBase. Will clearing cache on the browser actually work, or is there something deeper that I need to look at? I plan to get into her computer Monday to take a look. She is off tomorrow. As always, thanks for all the assistance!

EDIT - I've attached a spreadsheet to show the data for the last two months from our OnBase SQL database logs. I wasn't sure if this might be of any use or not. https://1drv.ms/x/s!AseZDTKlRdC9kK0oCnJidOGhPnhrtQ?e=nIqLLr

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Piper
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Same computer or different computers? We had a user's AD password reset from off campus not actually reset the AD password on the local computer which led to issues.

Hi @Ken Piper 
I would say that it was the same computer but can double-check with them. Yeah, I am thinking that there might be a stale password somewhere. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't over thinking this or if I need to check elsewhere. The issue doesn't seem to be OnBase as she is the only one. 

Austin_Barber1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Just to comment on what the resolution was... The user was somehow adding an extra space in her username at the end. I watched her type it in multiple times and kept happening. So after we noticed that and cleared that up, the issue went away. 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.