cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to know the amount of API queries per hours already used?

Adrian_Alvarez1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have API query licenses (for example let’s say 1000 queries per hour), and we also have many external applications using API queries.

Is there any way to know how close we are to the 1000 queries per hour limit? Does Onbase have any counter or flag accessible via API?

I know Onbase keeps the count, because obviously they have to verify the query consumption. The question is: does onbase offer access to this counter? How?

It becomes really difficult for me to keep my own counter (I have different apps spread all over the company in different servers) As a consequence, I just have to wait until I get the program exception (because I reached the limit and the query can't be executed) and then start a super-complex rollback procedure. Don’t forget I have many apps, and they will all have the same problem at the same time. It’s like you know you are going to have a problem, but there is nothing you can do until it hits you in the face, and then you start doing some “damage control”. 

I can spend LOTS of time trying to have a centralized query counter among all the apps , and implement all sort of counting and validation mechanisms on my side... but in the end the ultimate truth is the Onbase query counter, and that's why I need to know if I can read it.

Any idea will be really appreciated.   Please, please, please… I really need to hear you have something better for me.

17 REPLIES 17

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

After checking the option, have you restarted the application server and the thick client?

Adrian_Alvarez1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I had restarted the thick but not the app server (I didn't want to impact other users)... anyways I just restarted everything and I started to get some data in the licusage table.

I executed 1000 API queries (even more I would say) and I got zero log for 109 and 110 (producttypes) in the table, I just got logs for producttypes 1, 2, 102 and 126.

According to the logdate values I can see the logs are created every 5 minutes, and my API queries were executed before, during and after one of this 5 minutes cycles...

Any idea why I don't get logs for API queries?

Info: The API queries are retrieving some properties of the document and even extracting the document to my hard drive. For example, these are some of the methods I am using in this test app.

- IOBXDocumentQuery.GetDocumentByID

- IOBXDocumentDataProvider.GetDocumentProperties

- IOBXDocumentDataProvider.GetDocument

Thank you

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

In your connection method, are you setting the license type

Example: propBag.SetProperty("licenseType", "queryMeter");

this needs to be done befor you connect to ensure that you are using the query license.  Otherwise you are consuming a concurrent.

Adrian_Alvarez1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Just for curiosity ... is there any limit of queries per hour  for a concurrent ? In that case, what is the limit?

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Yes there are limits to the concurrent license.  Concurrent licenses are limited to 200 queries per hour.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.