cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There any Value in OCAPI Certification

David_Taylor
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

My organization uses the OnBase APIs extensively for integrations. I've been OCAPI certified since 2018, and my certification is now expired. I'm questioning whether there's still any value in renewing my OCAPI certification. According to this post from @Daniel Quill, being certified should grant a developer direct access to the Hyland API team, but recently I've had some issues and found I don't have access to the support form that is mentioned in the article. After opening a ticket with Hyland I was told that all issued had to go through my FLOS, so it seems this blog post is no longer accurate. Additionally, as you can see in this post, it appears that access to the SDK documentation does not hinge on being certified. Does anyone know of any good reason our organization should spend the money on recertification?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi David!

1) So, generally speaking, if there is an OCAPI certified individual at your organization (whether you are a customer or a reseller) you have direct access to support from the Hyland API Support team. If your organization is NOT certified, but you operate through a reseller, then you would use their support process; assuming your reseller has an individual who is OCAPI certified, they would then contact the Hyland API Support Team through the Tech Support ticket submission process on Community, and we would be tagged in to help where needed. If your cert has expired but you are supported by a reseller with an OCAPI certification, the main benefit in pursuing recertification regarding the issue support process would be eliminating this intermediate step and dealing directly with Hyland.

If the Customer is not API certified but the Customer's reseller is:

• the Customer should contact the reseller's first line of support
  • If the reseller needs assistance, they contact Hyland Technical Support
  • If the issue is not resolved via Hyland TS, they will reach out to Hyland API Support, who will assist TS in resolving the case.

2) SDK access is not tied to the certification. In the past, it was certification walled, but that is no longer the case.

3) Being *initially* OCAPI certified grants you access to the license necessary to use Unity Scripts (Unity Automation) upon successful completion of the certification course. This license, once granted, does not expire.

Let me know if I can clarify anything else 🙂

View answer in original post

13 REPLIES 13

In my experience from an issue a few months ago (so not sure if something has changed since then), I had to go through my reseller, but when they contacted Hyland on our behalf, Hyland pulled our certificates to make sure either myself or someone on my team was certified. The process doesn't make a lot of sense, but they did check to make sure we had someone certified before they would assist with the API issue.

Nathaniel_Call2
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

As long as one person is API certified on the team, Hyland's FLOS will assist. If there is not an API certified person on the team, Hyland typically will not support troubleshooting assistance (At least from my knowledge and experience)

What do you mean by "Hyland's FLOS".. my FLOS is not Hyland but the provider I bought software from. Hyland forces me to go through my reseller so I'm not sure this applies.

This is more or less correct, Nate -- the only caveat I would add is that TS can still look into your issue, and can reach out to us via the RFA process, but cases assigned directly to us originating from customers who are API certified will generally take higher priority.

Adam_Kuhn
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi David!

1) So, generally speaking, if there is an OCAPI certified individual at your organization (whether you are a customer or a reseller) you have direct access to support from the Hyland API Support team. If your organization is NOT certified, but you operate through a reseller, then you would use their support process; assuming your reseller has an individual who is OCAPI certified, they would then contact the Hyland API Support Team through the Tech Support ticket submission process on Community, and we would be tagged in to help where needed. If your cert has expired but you are supported by a reseller with an OCAPI certification, the main benefit in pursuing recertification regarding the issue support process would be eliminating this intermediate step and dealing directly with Hyland.

If the Customer is not API certified but the Customer's reseller is:

• the Customer should contact the reseller's first line of support
  • If the reseller needs assistance, they contact Hyland Technical Support
  • If the issue is not resolved via Hyland TS, they will reach out to Hyland API Support, who will assist TS in resolving the case.

2) SDK access is not tied to the certification. In the past, it was certification walled, but that is no longer the case.

3) Being *initially* OCAPI certified grants you access to the license necessary to use Unity Scripts (Unity Automation) upon successful completion of the certification course. This license, once granted, does not expire.

Let me know if I can clarify anything else 🙂