cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to show only a select few document types when re-indexing in workflow?

Kathy_Ganswindt
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Sorry for the vague title, I wasn't sure how to describe the problem in one sentence. Here's what I'm hoping to do:I have a user group that is re-indexing documents via workflow, and they will need to change the document type manually. Is there a way to show only a select few document types as clickable options when re-indexing? We have hundreds of document types, but would like to allow only ~20 to be available. Also, for further research, does anybody know which reference module covers this consideration?Thanks so much!
5 REPLIES 5

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

No if you are referring to the 'built-in' Re-Index Document dialog box that pops-up on right-click|Re-index.

Yes if you design a custom form with a data set, and re-index on submit.

I am curious though, why use workflow to re-index manually if all you're doing is changing the doc type? You can use workflow to

auto-reindex.

Thanks so much for the response, everybody. The documents need to be manually re-indexed because they are coming from a massive data migration - the ones which end up in the workflow are the ones which have data entry errors, and require human intervention to resolve. Cheers,

Kathy_Hughes3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I understand --you may want them to only select within a subset of thedocuments they have access to.

While training helps human error can still happen.

One thing I have done is if the doc type is specific set the document to only that doc type for them and they can choose whateve rthey  want but it is always set to xyz

Ad hoc task set to

reindex--give them a form for the keywords--for what they need to update

set doc type = specific doc type for this action

route document to where I need it to go

If more than one choice is ok I do a Rule after this to check doc type group so they don't choose a doc type outside that group --although they may have access to index to it because they may scan to it etc.  But in workflow lets say for rehab doc types they can only reindex to rehab doc types in that workfoow

Kathy Hughes

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Kathy,

For one of my indexing workflow queues I have a bunch of buttons that set the document type, then when I bring up the re-index panel, I set it so that the end user cannot change the Doc Type...  But Before I make the document leave the WF queue I give them the opportunity to reset the doc type in case they made a mistake (I also ask them if they selected the right doc type before I change it... double checks).  

There are a LOT of buttons in one of my queues...  but it's manageable.

Cheers, Beer
Seth