cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a reason the itemnum is not a search field in the keyword updater? Is there a SCR to address this?

Jamie_Mohr
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Itemnum missing from keyword updater search field.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Bryan_Hurless
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Jamie and thank you for using the OnBase Community,

There is an existing SCR requesting this functionality, if you would like to be added to it please contact your first line of support and request to be added to SCR # 106483.

I cannot speak to what reason this isn't existing functionality, but there is a potential workaround IF your organization utilizes Workflow.

This will take a little configuration but essentially you will create a new "Copy Keyword" action Type.

Step 1 is adding the "Document Handle" System Keyword Type to the Document Type(s) you are using.

Next setup the Keyword Updater Process, and notice that the "Document Handle" System Keyword Type is now available in the drop down list.

Last step is to setup an Action in Workflow to populate that Keyword.  In my example below I've configured a new System Task for Document Types.

Set the Action Type for "Copy Keyword" then configure the "Source Keyword" as the ">> Document Handle" and the Destination as the System Keyword Type of "Document Handle".

Test the solution and make sure the action successfully pulls the Document Handle from the Document ID and saves it into the "Document Handle" System Keyword Type.

As you can see below my Example has a Document Handle # of 2830347 but the System Keyword Type of "Document Handle" is blank upon import.

Next I will run the "Populate Doc Handle #" System Task

Notice that the "Document Handle" System Keyword Type is now populated with the value pulled from the Document Handle on the Document.

I hope this helps, and thank you again for using the OnBase Community!

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bryan_Hurless
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Jamie and thank you for using the OnBase Community,

There is an existing SCR requesting this functionality, if you would like to be added to it please contact your first line of support and request to be added to SCR # 106483.

I cannot speak to what reason this isn't existing functionality, but there is a potential workaround IF your organization utilizes Workflow.

This will take a little configuration but essentially you will create a new "Copy Keyword" action Type.

Step 1 is adding the "Document Handle" System Keyword Type to the Document Type(s) you are using.

Next setup the Keyword Updater Process, and notice that the "Document Handle" System Keyword Type is now available in the drop down list.

Last step is to setup an Action in Workflow to populate that Keyword.  In my example below I've configured a new System Task for Document Types.

Set the Action Type for "Copy Keyword" then configure the "Source Keyword" as the ">> Document Handle" and the Destination as the System Keyword Type of "Document Handle".

Test the solution and make sure the action successfully pulls the Document Handle from the Document ID and saves it into the "Document Handle" System Keyword Type.

As you can see below my Example has a Document Handle # of 2830347 but the System Keyword Type of "Document Handle" is blank upon import.

Next I will run the "Populate Doc Handle #" System Task

Notice that the "Document Handle" System Keyword Type is now populated with the value pulled from the Document Handle on the Document.

I hope this helps, and thank you again for using the OnBase Community!

Bryan, I checked with my first line of support and was advised SCR 106483 has been closed/rejected. See info below. I'm going to resubmit a request for this update, but it sounds like it will need more backing from the users.

Good evening Jamie,

That SCR has a status of Closed-Rejected which means Hyland development is not currently planning to add the functionality to the Keyword Updater. If you would like to submit the request again, I would be happy to send over the SCR form to you and then submit it to Hyland. Please just let me know if that is how you would like to proceed.

Thanks,

Chandler Coffman
KeyMark Support