cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Query Documents that have been Purged by Users

Brent_Keith1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

i have been working on a query that will show all documents that have been purged by users with Date , Doc Handle and User

Here is the query that I have started and was wondering if there is a better table to pull this information from -- When this is run it pulls a ton of documents that look to have been purged by a "Split" task within WorkFlow

I appreciate the assistance with this Query or if this query is possible

select distinct i.itemnum as "Doc Handle", d.itemtypename as "doctype", a.logdate as "Log Date", a.usernum as "User Num", u.username as "username", a.messagetext as "TEXT"
from adminlog a
join useraccount u on u.usernum = a.usernum
join itemdata i on i.usernum = a.usernum
join doctype d on d.itemtypenum = i.itemtypenum
where a.actionnum = 3
and a.subactionnum = 9
and a.logdate >= DATEADD(day,-1, getdate())
--and a.usernum = 388
order by i.itemnum

1 REPLY 1

Geoffrey_Martz
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have also been working on a very similar need. From what I have found, purging a batch,  removesthe documents' entries from itemdata. 

I did end up writing a Deleted docs after commit report based on action 16 in the transactionxlog. 

I never tried querying against adminlog, but i imagine it is catching the workflow tasks. I wouldn't recommend transactionxlog, but i would do some testing with purging unindexed docs and then commiting test docs and deleting those to see if you had the same thing as me.