cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have two instances of the same exact keyword in an Autofill Keyword Set?

Stephen_Dignam
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hello all, I just have a quick question.

Is it possible to have the exact same keyword twice in an Autofill Keyword Set?

For example, in our environment, the Name keyword has been used for Last Name and Full Name instead of two separate keywords for that data.

The reason I ask is that I plan to update the document types to have an Autofill Keyword Set. I just didn't know if it would be possible to have the same keyword value in that Autofill Keyword Set twice.

Rather than attempting to clean up a lot of legacy data, it might be easier to leave it as is and have the autofill keyword set instead be SSN, Name, Name instead of the new solution of SSN, Last Name, Full Name.

I think I know the likely answer to the question but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1

Bryan_Hurless
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thank you for using the OnBase Community Stephen!

To answer your question, no you cannot use the same Keyword Type instance multiple times in an AutoFill.  Once a Keyword has been added to the AutoFill Keyword Set it is removed from the "Available" list of Keyword Types and is added to the "Selected". 

In the example below you can see that once a Keyword has been added to the selected list in an AutoFill Keyword Set Configuration dialog, it cannot be added again.

As far as duplicate AutoFill Keyword Set values go, yes you can have multiple AutoFill records with the same values.

One option to clean up an existing AutoFill would be to open the AutoFill via AutoFill Management and create a list report with the existing AutoFill values then modifying that report and using it for a new AutoFill Import Process.

In the OnBase Client open the Admin menu and select "AutoFill Keyword Sets" then "Management"

Select the AutoFill that you want to create a report for and click the "View All" button.

In the newly opened AutoFill Keyword Set Management dialog right click in the AutoFill list and select "Create Report" from the right click menu options.

Once you select "Create Report" a "Save As" dialog will display where you can specify where the AutoFill Report will be saved to.

Once saved, the report should automatically display.

Next you would edit the Report and add a comma in between the first and last name. 

Go back into Configuration, create the new First/Last Name Keyword Types and create a new AutoFill Keyword set using the existing Keywords and the newly created First/Last Name Keyword Types.

Create a new AutoFill Import Processor and select the newly created AutoFill List Report as the Import File. 

Re-launch the OnBase Client, open the AutoFill Import Processor (Admin > AutoFill Keyword Sets > Importer)

Right click on the newly created AutoFill Import Processor and select "Execute Process"

Click the "Process" button in the AutoFill Keyword Set Import Options dialog.

Depending on your Configuration a "SYS Verification Report" may or may not be displayed after the Import process finishes.

After it has completed running open up AutoFill Management, select the AutoFill Keyword set and click the "View All" button.

Your new AutoFill should now be all ready to use with separate First and Last Name Keyword fields.

I hope that helps!

Thank you again for using the OnBase Community!

Regards,

Bryan Hurless

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.