cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to auto populate a text box on a Unity Form when launched with the username of the person logged into the Unity Client?

Julie_Brown
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am creating a Unity Form for users to fill out for a request to have a procedure changed and the first field is a Text Box with the Field Source 'Originator'; where the user enters their name.

Is it possible to create a custom action or something where this text box would auto populate when the user launches the Unity Form in the Unity Client to fill out?

OnBase17

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Julie 

That is available in the Properties section of elements that can be added to the form: 

b1a0068004384489918361b86124d4e5

The "created by" values aren't populated until the form is actually submitted (created). Before then, you can use a custom action to copy the "current" values to another field if needed. 

And these Properties values can't be mapped to a keyword, so you'd need to copy the value to store as a keyword too.

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

@Larissa Armand , I think we're talking about two different things, I understand what you're saying but I'm looking to add that property to a form so it populates a form field with the Created By values.  Something like this OBProperty_CurrentUserRealName, which works for the current user so I was looking for the equivalent for Created By user.

Thanks!

@Julio Dos Santos 

Is it a Unity form you are working with? If so, you should be able to add these fields to the form just like you would a keyword field: 

b1a0068004384489918361b86124d4e5

Those first 3 would all pertain to the "created by user".

But it sounds like you are meaning an HTML e-form, not a Unity form. I don't see any created by user properties documented there either. But if you capture the current user information and then route the form to a workflow queue with system work, that system work would be executed as that user and you could copy those values to keywords or properties to work with them before the "current user" becomes someone else. 

Or at the point the HTML form is submitted, any of the methods I mentioned for non-(Unity) form documents would still apply too. 

@Larissa Armand , it is an HTML form and your suggestion of copying the current user value in workflow sounds promising, I will give that a try.  Thank you so much for your input.

Roger_Linhart
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Julio Dos Santos 

I think you'll find what you're looking if you search the E-Forms MRG for "Mapping Form Fields to System Properties and Document Properties"

Yes, thanks again for the help!